Peter and Catherine had three more sons. They would be the grandchildren of John and Lydia (Goss) Spracklin. I do not have as much on these children, again, double-check everything.
5. George Andrew(s) Spracklen was born 18 January 1867 in Belle Plaine, and died on 26 September 1926 in Huntley, Yellowstone Co., Montana. George married Edith DeClark b. 19 March 1872 in Green Valley, Tazwell, Illinois. She was the daughter of Peter DeClark b. 24 February 1808 and Sarah Van Houten d. 8 July 1913. Peter’s father was Daniel DeClark b. 20 Oct. 1779 and mother was a Maria Blauvelt b. 21 Jan. 1786. Sarah was the daughter of Johannes Van Houten b. 23 February 1784 and Elizabeth Palmer b. 28 November 1779.
They had 4 children.
He had the following children with Edith:
1. Don Pedro Spracklen b. 18 April 1889, Casper, Natrona, Wyoming, d. 26 April 1889.
2. Lucy Donna Spracklen b. 15 March 1890, Casper, Natrona, Wyoming, d. 10 March 1908. She married Percy Howell b. 1886 in Casper.
3. Mossie Mona Spracklen b. 4 December 1891 in Chadron, Dawes Co., Nebraska. She died 13 Feburary 1982 in Hermiston, Umatilla, Oregon. She married 4 times and had 6 children with her 2nd husband K.D. Martin?
4. David Rolland Spracklen b. 21 October 1905 in The Dalles, Wasco, Oregon.
With his second wife Lucy J. who was born 1871 in Belle Plaine and died 16 April 1945 in Montana. Apparently they separated.
1. Flossie Spracklen b. about 1887.
2. Douglas Allen Spracklen b. 16 February 1893 in Skye, Washington. Married Dora Sheriff in 1918. She was born about 1897 in Skye.
3. Paul Howard Spracklen b. 3 September 1894 in Camas, Clark, Washington. He married Emily Johnson about 1924. She was born 1898 in Camas.
4. Dick Russell Spracklen b. 26 April 1899, The Dalles, Wasco, Oregon. Died 21 January 1940. Update: 9/12/2017 Dick was born in 1898 and died in 1941 according to documents at Ancestry. He also married to Beatrice and divorced her and apparently had several children with her. See the 1920, 1930 and 1940 U.S. Census at Ancestry or other locations.
5. Lewis Clark Spracklen b. 15 April 1904 in Casper, Natrona, Wyoming. Died 31 July 1904.
George and Lucy J. are buried in the Huntley Cemetery (Yellowstone Co., MT.) and their tombstone is featured on Find A Grave.
I found George in School District 24, Yellowstone, Montana in the 1920 U.S. Federal census. He is 52 years old, Lucy J. is 42 and a William B. Hyer age 23 is living with them and he is listed as step-son.
6. Thomas Russell Spracklen born March 1869 in Belle Plaine and died the following month on 4 April 1869. He is buried in Wright Cemetery in Belle Plaine, Iowa with his father.
7. Peter Daniel Spracklen was born 25 June 1870 in Belle Plaine. He died May 1941 in Zion, Lake Co., Illinois. He married Luella Scharf and they had 3 children, two where adopted.