Below is a listing of the trip posts I have written about on this blog. It is my view that genealogical research trips are just as important as the actual research. I therefore prepare a detailed itinerary, plan my route and identify repositories to visit. As I experience the trip I take as many pictures as I can. At night I take time to write about the days activities in a journal. If you don’t you will forget.
In 2007, I traveled to Ohio and concentrated on the central part of the state emphasizing my Keller and Spracklin lines, with a little Delano as well.
See the post Remembering Ohio 2007, July 13, 2011 for more details.
On my trip to Ohio in 2011 I revisited the locations I had experienced in 2007 and revisited Keller and Spracklin sites. I also tried to do more on the Delano family. I was determined to visit Ebenezer Goss in Ravenna, Ohio and his brother Solomon Goss in Washington County, Ohio. It was a big trip but very rewarding.
As I travel, I usually write the post about my travels as quickly as it happens and share the various repositories with my reader. I have been lucky and have had the opportunity to do a lot of traveling for genealogical reasons so I like to share with others what the area is like, what are the historical sites and the archives so you will have an idea of what the archive is about. Be advised that archives move, change their websites and more. So if you find a broken link you can also let me know.
The posts written on this blog cover my trip to Ohio in 2011:
- Previous Travels: In Search of Family History, July 2, 2011
- Remembering Ohio 2007, July 13, 2011
- Ohio Bound: The Goss Family Story Continues! August 13, 2011
- Columbus Ohio – Short North and More, August 20, 2011
- Columbus-Metropolitan Library Genealogical Collection, August 21, 2011
- The Ohio Historical Society, August 22, 2011
- Hardin County – Kenton Ohio, August 24, 2011
- Ebenezer Goss – Portage County, Ohio, August 28, 2011
- Ohio Genealogical Society, Belleville, Ohio, August 29, 2011
- A Visit – Knox, Morrow and Licking County, Ohio, September 7, 2011
- Mt. Gilead County Seat of Morrow County, Ohio, Est. 1848, September 20, 2011
- Mt. Vernon County Seat of Knox Co., Ohio, September 11, 2011
- Fredericktown, Ankenytown, OGS Again!, September 12, 2011
- Marietta and Washington County – A Dream Come True!, September 13, 2011
- Visiting a Cousin in West Virginia, September 15, 2011
- Reflecting on my Travels in Ohio, September 25, 2011
If you have any questions contact me, Bonnie, at email@example.com